Top 5 Android Apps for Managing Your Online Presence
Last month, we wrote a post about the best iPhone apps for Internet marketers and business owners who wish manage their reputations while on the go. To be fair, we've decided to include our Android friends in the fun, and also write a post dedicated to Android apps.
The Android Operating System is becoming more powerful after every update, and like the iPhone, any Android device is like a Swiss army knife that can pull up various tools for different situations. The following Android apps are our top picks for managing your online reputation. From SERPs to Social Media, to web stats, these programs will certainly help you keep track of rankings and mentions even when you’re out and about.
1. DroidAnalytics – Dying to check your Google Analytics data while on the road? With this app, you can get an instant visualization of how your website is doing. DroidAnalytics provides data in tabular and graphical form, allowing users to easily check their site’s page views, visits, bounce rates, time one site, and page per visits. It has an overall rating of 4.3 stars and is considered as one of the best Google Analytics apps in the Android Market.
2. SEO SERP Tracker – If you need to know how your site is doing in Search Engine Results Pages, look no further. As its name indicates, this app allows you to check your SERP rankings right from your mobile phone. Simply input your keywords and see if your site’s place has improved or declined. SEO SERP Tracker also keeps your keywords and domains handy, allowing you to check their rankings with a tap of a button.
3. Seesmic - Of course, any serious Internet Market or online entrepreneur knows that it isn’t just about search engine rankings. You also need to keep track of how you’re doing in social media. Seesmic allows users to manage popular social networks in one place. Get notifications and post updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Salesforce Chatter using just a single app. Need to post a photo or video? Seesmic integrates with Plixi yFrog, TwitPic and YouTube to help you take care of your media-posting needs.
4. my6sense – Becoming competent in your field requires having a firm grasp on what’s happening in your industry. To do this, it’s best to follow blogs and news outlets to ensure that you’re always in the know when it comes to the latest news in your field. One of the best apps that allow you to do this is my6sense—an app that compiles all the relevant news items from your social networks and subscriptions. What makes my6sense stand out is that it’s a “smart” app that learns from your actions. It displays and re-orders news items based on the links you click and the articles you read, giving you a more personalized browsing experience. And the more you use the app, the smarter it gets. Additionally, my6sense is tied to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, allowing you to respond to comments and messages from within its system.
5. WebRank SEO – If you’re really serious about your site’s search engine rankings, then this app may be the most comprehensive partner that you can get your hands on. With WebRank SEO, you can check your Google Pagerank, Alexa rank, and Compete rank all from one place. It also monitors the pages of your website that are indexed by Google and Bing, as well as the backlinks according to the top 2 search engines. Need to compare past data? The app allows you to check the history of previous website stats, so you easily monitor the fluctuating rankings of your website.